I personally love this cookie dough recipe.
It is easy to make just a couple of things to be aware of that will ensure excellent results.
It is a simple and most versatile recipe as it can be used as a basic dough for many kinds of creations.
Thick cookies with either a sprinkling of icing sugar or granulated sugar like in these easy Christmas cookies.
Shaped Cookies coated completely in chocolate.
Thin cookies on their own or even sandwiched together as showed in these favourite Italian biscuits.
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Margarine (can be substituted
with butter for a richer flavor)
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 500g All purpose flour or plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- a few drops of vanilla extract
1. Cream sugar and margarine until light and fluffy (using a mixer helps to obtain better results)
2. Add eggs one at the time beating the mixture thoroughly after each addition
3. Scrape down the edges of the bowl a few times and beat thoroughly
4. Add the flour all together and stir in gently with the vanilla flavouring
5. Once all the flour has been absorbed
Leave it to rest for about half an hour and it will be perfect to roll out.
Side Note: If you would like to see a more detailed explanation of the four stages in the method above the creaming, adding the eaggs, adding the flour and rolling out that do make a difference in end results, you will find it on my Italian Biscuit recipe page.
Although the recipe is different the method is the same.
It can be used to make crostata as we call it, an Italian style jam tart, it can also be used to for this lemon tart recipe with grest results although I do prefer another basic cookie dough mixture especially when made with butter.
Here are just a few more cookie recipes and ideas to try with this recipe